CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 18, 2009

Review of In Defense of Food: An Eaters Manifesto


I have finished reading the book In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan and I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to improve their dietary health.


This book is not a book about diets or dieting, the only recommendations are to eat food, not too much, mostly plants. Pretty simple if you ask me. The book gives history of how food has been reduced to it's individual nutrients (fats, carbs, vitamins) by the scientific community and by food manufactures themselves. This was done mostly for monetary gain and as a result processed foods are able to make health claims on foods that are really only "edible food-like substances." The book makes recommendations to help consumers make wise food choices and the recommendations are, in my opinion, realistic and attainable, 2 qualities that lack in most diet books.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in improving their health through food and I would recommend this book to foodies like myself who just like reading about food.

0 comments: