CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Your own insurance policy for yourself

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." ~ Winston Churchill

I believe in creating our own destiny, naturally I include health as a part of this. If you suffer a heart attack after years of watching TV all night and eating bacon and donughts for breakfast you have created your own destiny.

Living a healthy lifestyle is not "guaranteed to make you lose 20 lbs" or "guaranteed to make you feel 10 years younger" Living a healthy lifestyle is a way to control your own destiny. The choices you make now will affect you for the rest of your life. Living a healthy lifestyle will not guarantee that you do not get cancer and it is not guaranteed to ensure recovery from illness. But it is a way to insure that the likelihood of illness diminishes and that the chances of recovery improve. I think of a healthy lifestyle as an insurance policy for myself, although I know there is no guarantees, I am doing everything in my own power to prevent disease and aid recovery.

With all the talk in the media about uninsured individuals I believe it is time to change our train of thought. People have the ability to make healthy choices and use those choices as insurance for their future health. Why not change our focus from that of curing illness to that of preventing illness entirely?

0 comments: