CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

The 3 components of a healthy lifestyle




Exercise

Diet

Psychosocial


These are the 3 components of a healthy lifestyle; exercise, diet, and psychosocial. I like to picture each of these components as the points of a triangle with exercise on top and diet and psychosocial at the bottom points.I picture exercise as the top point of the triangle because it is the most important of the 3 components of a healthy lifestyle. This is because when I observe my most healthy patients (regardless of age) exercise is always a large part of their lifestyle. The diet and the psychosocial aspects of my healthy patients can fluctuate and differ but exercise is consistently a key part of all of my very healthy patients lifestyles.

Each of these three components can vary and be tailored specifically to the individual but all of the components are absolutely necessary for a healthy lifestyle. For example, johnny patient may exercise 8 hours every day and eat a perfectly balanced 3 square meals a day but he is a social outcast who lives in a underground bunker. Johnny patient may have the body of a god but the mental capacities of Mr. Potato Head. His lack of the psychosocial component makes him mentally very unhealthy.

I recognize that there are other aspects of a healthy lifestyle that do not fit into one of these three categories, ie: brushing your teeth, but I would like to simplify this blog as much as possible to make it easy for people to understand and implement. I will continue to address each of the three components as this blog continues.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur doing an excellent job with ur postings...keep them up!!