CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Why the triangle?


Change

I want to come back to the triangle I used in the prior post. The points on the triangle represent the 3 components of a healthy lifestyle. The triangle is also the medical professions symbol for the word change.
Why do I mention this?
Because in order to live a healthy lifestyle there is often a part of ourselves or our routine that we must change. This is important because the change cannot happen all at once if we want to incorporate a healthy lifestyle into our daily routine. In nature change happens slowly, the seasons change from one to the next over the course of months, trees grow over a period of years, and animals evolve slowly over millions of years.
I do not want anyone to decide overnight that they are going to workout 7 days a week and loose 25 lbs in a month and eat only vegetables. That is ridiculous and guaranteed to fail.
If you want to live a healthy lifestyle you must slowly make it a part of your routine.
Remember slow and steady wins the race.
If you have a desire to live a healthy lifestyle set realistic goals, " I will eat a apple with my sandwich for lunch today, I will do 10 minutes of yoga before work every day , I will eat one less cookie today". These small changes will add up to a healthier lifestyle but it takes time.
Set realistic goals + Keep it positive + Keep it simple = Change
More to come stay tuned...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ur doing a really great job on ur blog and Im sure others will follow what u tell them they should do for a healthier lifestyle. Keep up the great work, and I enjoy reading these.