CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

You ar never to old to compete

I recently came across information on the 2009 Summer National Senior Games I mention this because I am planning to compete in these games in another 22 years. I am planning this very long term goal as a way to keep myself motivated to exercise every day and to make good food choices. I want to be strong enough at 50, 60, and 70+ years to compete in these games, I know I will not be able to do that unless I keep active now.
My vision of the future includes my children getting mad at me because I am what they will consider "too old and wrinkly to be running around in running shorts." Ha! I know already that I will show them.
I wish this for everyone, I would like for everyone to think about their vision for the future and the decisions that will need to be made as they age. I hope that no one ever has to make the decision to live in a nusing home or even worse have that decision made for them. So focus on your future and mabye you and I will be competing in the 2030 senior games.
If you are 50 years of age or older you can compete in the 2009 Summer National Senior Games now. This is a fantastic opportunity to start living a healthy lifestyle so you can train to compete in these games. There are 18 medal sports and 7 demonstration sports so go ahead and Go for the GOLD!

0 comments: