CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Why am I starting this blog?

Since I have been working as a nurse I have noticed that certain people are able to remain healthy and active well into their 60's, 70's, 80's, and beyond. These individuals are usually on very little to no prescription medication and their health histories consist of only a few items. Conversely, I have encountered young patients in their 30'S, 40'S, and 50's who take multiple medications every day, have numerous allergies, and have health histories longer than this post.
I have always been fascinated by the 70, 80, and 90+ year olds who are healthy and active. I want to be just like them as I continue to mature and I wonder, what do they do that the 30+ year olds who are chronically plagued by illness do not?
I have spent my career observing my patients and asking about their lifestyles and habits. I have noticed that the healthiest patients (regardless of age) have 3 key components of their lifestyle that help them remain healthy and active well into their later years.
These 3 components will be discussed in later blogs but for now I want to conclude by dedicating this blog to providing people of all ages the necessary information to be healthy and active for their entire lives.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ang that is very good and well written!!!